Who is eating in your Kitchen?
There are over 4600 different cockroach species, but only 4 species are known as common house hold pests. They are the American Cockroach, German cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach and the Oriental or Asian cockroach.
- Some cockroach species can live up to one year.
- The female German cockroach can lay up to 40 eggs at a time
- The American Cockroach and the Brown Branded Cockroach can lay 18 eggs at a time
- A cockroach can live almost a month without food
- Cockroaches can hold their breaths for almost 40 minutes
- A cockroach can live for 2 weeks without water
- Some female cockroaches only have to mate once to stay pregnant for life
- A Cockroach can live almost 1 week without its head
- Cockroaches carry a number of human pathogens.
Cockroaches contaminate your crockery, utensils and food with their droppings and shedding and are known to trigger allergic reactions, aggravated asthma, E.coli and Salmonella
Defense against Cockroaches
- Keep your kitchen spotless
- No leaking taps
- Good housekeeping practices
- No cracks or crevices
- Broken tiles or gaps allowing harborage for cockroaches
- Regular pest control treatment
We at Hygiene and Bugs R Us use a 3 faze system for the treatment of cockroaches
- A residual treatment
- Cockroach Gel
- Flushing agent
All these products are safe for people and animals and No one needs to be out of their homes.
Every time you clean, wash floors, walls and vacuum you remove 30% to 40% of the pesticide residual. So if you do a proper clean once a week there will be No residual left at the end of the month.